Which Type Of Bahama Shutters Should You Get? Here Are 5 On The Market Today
Are you thinking about getting some Bahama shutters for your home? If so, then you’re in for a treat! Not only do Bahama shutters look great, but they’re also incredibly functional. But with so many different types of Bahama shutters on the market, it can be tough to know which ones are right for you. That’s why, in this blog post, we’re going to take a look at five of the most popular types of Bahama shutters and help you decide which ones are right for your home.
What are Bahama Shutters?
There are many different types of Bahama shutters available on the market today. Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular types:
Wooden Bahama Shutters: Wooden shutters are a classic choice for any home. They offer a warm and inviting look and can be stained or painted to match your home’s exterior. Wood shutters are also very durable and can withstand high winds and inclement weather.
Aluminum Bahama Shutters: Aluminum shutters are a popular choice for coastal homes because they won’t rust or corrode like other materials can. Aluminum shutters are also lightweight and easy to install. They come in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect match for your home’s exterior.
Vinyl Bahama Shutters: Vinyl shutters are a great choice for homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. Vinyl shutters are made to look like wood but don’t require regular painting or staining. They’re also very durable and can withstand high winds and harsh weather conditions.
The Different Types of Bahama Shutters
When it comes to Bahama shutters, there are a few different types that you can choose from. Here is a look at some of the different types of Bahama shutters that are on the market today:
1. Traditional Bahama Shutters: These shutters are typically made from wood or vinyl and are designed to be installed on the outside of your home. They offer great protection from the sun and can be opened and closed as needed.
2. Motorized Bahama Shutters: These shutters are also made from wood or vinyl and can be opened and closed using a remote control. This is a great option if you want to be able to control your shutters without having to get up and down.
3. Solar Powered Bahama Shutters: These shutters are powered by the sun and can help you save money on your energy bills. They are also easy to operate and require very little maintenance.
Pros and Cons of each type of Bahama Shutter
When it comes to Bahama shutters, there are pros and cons to each type that is on the market today. Here is a detailed look at the pros and cons of each type of Bahama shutter:
1. Aluminum Bahama Shutters: Pros – These shutters are extremely durable and low maintenance. They are also one of the more affordable options when it comes to Bahama shutters. Cons – Some people find aluminum Bahama shutters to be less aesthetically pleasing than other options.
2. Wood Bahama Shutters: Pros – Wood Bahama shutters offer a classic look that can add charm and value to your home. They can also be painted or stained to match your home’s exterior. Cons – Wood Bahama shutters can be more expensive than other options and require more maintenance, such as painting or staining every few years.
3. Composite Bahama Shutters: Pros – CompositeBahamasutters offer the best of both worlds when it comes to looks and durability. They are also low maintenance and resist fading and cracking better than wood shutters do. Cons – Composite Bahamasutters can be one of the more expensive shutter materials on the market today.
WhichBahama Shutter is right for you?
When it comes to choosing Bahama shutters for your home, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is the type of shutter you want. There are three main types of Bahama shutters on the market today:
1. Traditional Bahama Shutters: These shutters are the most popular type of Bahama shutter. They are made from durable materials like wood or aluminum and can be custom-fit to your window’s dimensions. Traditional Bahama shutters offer great protection from the sun and wind and can be opened and closed as needed.
2. Rolling Shutters: Rolling shutters are a great option if you want to be able to fully close off your windows when necessary. These shutters roll down from the top of the window to the bottom, providing complete coverage. Rolling shutters are made from durable materials like aluminum or steel and can be custom-fit to your window’s dimensions.
3. Folding Shutters: Folding shutters are a good choice if you want the ability to open and close your windows without having to remove the entire shutter. Folding shutters fold up accordion-style, so they take up less space than traditional or rolling shutters when not in use. Folding shutters are typically made from lightweight materials like vinyl or fabric and can be custom-fit to your window’s dimensions.
How to install Bahama Shutters
There are many types of Bahama shutters on the market, but which one should you get? Here are a few things to consider before making your purchase:
1. How easy is the shutter to install? Some shutters come with easy-to-follow instructions, while others require more effort to install. If you’re not handy with tools, it might be best to choose an easier-to-install option.
2. What material is the shutter made from? Aluminum and PVC are two popular materials used for Bahama shutters. Each has its own pros and cons – aluminum is durable but can be pricier, while PVC is more affordable but may not last as long.
3. What size do you need? Be sure to measure your windows before ordering so you get the right size shutters.
4. What color do you want?Bahama shutters are available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect match for your home’s exterior.
5. Are there any special features you want? Some Bahama shutters come with built-in screens or hurricane protection – if these features are important to you, be sure to look for them when making your purchase.